Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 16 April 2014, 15:19:58 PM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Photo booth for passports  (Read 35489 times)
photosof
« on: 04 March 2010, 14:02:54 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Where can I find a passport booth (for instant passport photos) here in Singapore?
ExpatSingapore Message Board
« on: 04 March 2010, 14:02:54 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Most malls
« Reply #1 on: 04 March 2010, 14:06:55 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Most malls have them.  They may not be in an obvious place, so ask.
Also some embassies are quite fussy because of the new technological security requirements.  May be wise to check with the embassy first, in case they direct you to a particular photo shop that can comply with their hearts' desire.
not booths, but
« Reply #2 on: 04 March 2010, 15:14:52 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The photo shops will do them on the spot and they know the requirements for each country so everything should be in order (of course if you are from Uzbekistan or something, I can't promise Wink )  It's not instant, but generally doesn't take more than 15 minutes or so. You can go get a cup of coffee nearby and come back.
jalanperak

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04 March 2010, 15:47:25 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

The US Embassy also has a photo booth in the same area where you apply for a replacement passport.
shop
« Reply #4 on: 04 March 2010, 17:36:48 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

some post offices have the booths too, but I go to one of the photo shops to get mine done as they'll often take more than one shot and you can choose which one you prefer (if you do a photo booth you usually only get one chance at not blinking!)
stay away
« Reply #5 on: 05 March 2010, 14:47:42 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

remember to stay away from the photo shops on Orchard.  They can be very pricey.  There was a thread on this about a month ago.  check out the ones to avoid.  Angry
Tanglin
« Reply #6 on: 11 March 2010, 9:27:51 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I agree that you should check with your embassy first though, to see if they have a recommended photo place, as passport applications can fail if your photo isn't precisely right. Total hassle to re-do it.
« Last Edit: 11 March 2010, 20:30:14 PM by BoardAdmin6 » Logged
JR8
« Reply #7 on: 11 March 2010, 12:42:15 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Agreed, US visa apps require a different size picture to the standard format one expects in Europe (slightly larger/squarer).

Be cautious if getting a visa from there and relying on the photo-booth at the embassy on the day itself. If it were to be out of order, after having waited say three weeks for your appointment, you're stuffed (as I witnessed the day I went into the US embassy in London a couple of years back).

There is a photo-booth right in front of the gates exit of Toa Payoh MRT. I had to get a passport picture for a Vn visa, went there on my last evening, and it was out of order. Went to Novena and Velocity where I was sure I'd seen others... no photo-booths. Went home, photographed myself against the background of a white wall with my wifes camera, downloaded it, bit of photo paper, set the print format... job done <phew Smiley>

ICA
« Reply #8 on: 11 March 2010, 15:01:30 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

If youa re near the area of Lavender/Victoria Street, the Immigration (ICA) office has photo booths on at least 2 of the floors and they are cheaper than the ones in the malls.  They aren't one of those self-serve kind so there is a chance of choosing the photo before it actually gets printed.  The lines may be long but they move fast and sometimes it pays to check the line of the other floors since some departments are busier than others.  The longest I ever had to wait was 10 mins.
@ ICA
« Reply #9 on: 11 March 2010, 17:44:38 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

You can do it at the ICA itself.
Waterguy
« Reply #10 on: 11 March 2010, 19:25:27 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Every floor of the ICA building has a little photo booth run by some old aunties.  They are pretty good and fast.  Lines are shortest on the upper floors.

As a word of warning there are some instant photo booths around Singapore which are utter crap.  Their photos aren't accepted anywhere for anything (as I learned when I was at ICA...).
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: