Skip to content

ExpatSingapore

Home Message Board Contact Us Search

ExpatSingapore Message Board 31 July 2014, 5:13:30 AM *
Username: Password: (or Register)

Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  
Author Topic: Motorcycle Clubs in Singapore?  (Read 7297 times)
road observer
« on: 18 July 2010, 23:37:07 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I've noticed some Harley riders wearing leather vests with "club markings" on them.  I thought I saw one earlier this week with the red and white color scheme of the Hell's Angels (bottom rocker, center patch, top rocker), didn't get a good look at it though.

I can't imagine there are any official chapters of OMG (outlaw motorcycle gangs) here?
ExpatSingapore Message Board
« on: 18 July 2010, 23:37:07 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

SAMCRO
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2010, 13:36:48 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Ive seen some clubs but definitely not OMG. Although I did see one guy with a 1% patch which i found surprising. Maybe more decorative then authentic though
road observer
« Reply #2 on: 19 July 2010, 17:51:00 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Well, if he had a 1%'er patch then he's at least pretending to be an "outlaw"...but I guess here in SG you could pretty much just make yourself a full patch Mongol club president and the odds of you ever meeting anyone that would call your bluff are nearly nil?  So, maybe some do.
Fat Girrrrl
« Reply #3 on: 19 July 2010, 21:27:41 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

There's a biker's bar/restaurant that might be a good start for you... it's called the Handle Bar on 1 Lock Road, Gillman Village. Good beer and spicy chicken wings and loadza bikers. Locals and expats.
YES, there IS an alternative fun side to Singers, enjoy!!
name a few
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2010, 0:09:34 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

War Pigs, Militia, Mad Dogs (the head of singapore Mad Dogs chapter is my friend). Mad Dogs consists mainly of expats, while the other 2 have more locals.

Playgroups
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2010, 11:13:48 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

More boys playing dress-up. Like cosplay
play act
« Reply #6 on: 20 July 2010, 13:50:09 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Monday to friday a banker

Saturday and sunday a wannabe.

Heaven forbid they ever cross paths with the real thing.
McMafia
« Reply #7 on: 20 July 2010, 15:56:47 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

I've also seen some italians in suits and others in track suits hanging out at Pastamania. Just the weekends and evenings though
boyz toyz
« Reply #8 on: 26 July 2010, 8:45:01 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote

ha ha, good description - Its cosplay !

The funniest thing I saw here was this young american guy trying to impress the girlies. he pulled his harley into a bus stop and whipped out his cell phone to make a call and was shouted at by local residents to get out of it.  Needless to say in a few secs he was surrounded by honking buses, angry drivers and had a crowd of local people around him yelling at him telling him how stupid he was. 

He left with egg on his face and wont be doing that again.
AdzGab
« Reply #9 on: 17 May 2011, 23:36:41 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

So far, there had been a 1% club in Singapore. That's the Bandidos. And nope, they are not dressing for fun. They are officially recognised. Support Club would be Ghost Rider.

There used to be the Red Devils who are the Support Club for HA. I think they may have dissolved recently. I can't be sure though..

Warpigs, Militia Riders and Mad Dogs has been around for a while with chapters in some other countries too. These blokes are rather serious about their riding culture but they are not 1%ers.. except for Bandidos.

deaninkl
« Reply #10 on: 18 May 2011, 16:21:11 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

There are actually many bike clubs in Singapore, most have there own wedsites, but as with most things Singapore or indeed most modern bikers everywhere, the groups are mostly well paid locals and expats that just want to "feel" like rebels when their wives allow them...but its still fun.

Sadley a great biker hangout the handle bar closed recently and although was suppose to re-open in another location has not yet done so.

As well as the harley rider groups like Mad Dogs, Banditos, head Hunters and of coure HOG, there is a BMW groupe, and many japanese or all brand groups. Just serch the web. If you like bikes its worth getting to know them as they arrange rides into Malaysia and up to Thailand, Combodia etc. etc.. and are generally fun people.

BBChicken
« Reply #11 on: 08 August 2011, 15:02:07 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Has handle bar reopened yet? need me some bb chicken
Boss
« Reply #12 on: 18 September 2011, 19:21:58 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote

Yes it opened yesterday in Sembawang at bottletree this is in Andrews Avenue
Pages: [1]
  Reply  |  Print  

Jump to: